As we will soon say goodbye to another year, I am always amazed by God’s faithfulness to His Way Out Ministries as I recall just a few of the many wonderful things He has done.
• At the beginning of 2014, the Holy Spirit reminded us that, “You will be witnesses of Me,” rather than, “witnesses of what I can do.”
• January also included speaking and exhibiting opportunities at the Calvary Bible Church ‘Missions Conference’ in Bakersfield.
• In February, we began to receive calls and emails from individuals, families and churches in Las Vegas seeking help, encouragement and support.
• March brought a wonderful opportunity to share with youth at Northside Church in Bakersfield about a God that restores from the brokenness of same-sex attraction.
• In April, several Christian counselors in our area reaffirmed their partnership with us in continuing to offer biblical counseling to those with unwanted same-sex attraction.
• In May, His Way Out Ministries was invited to be a guest on “Open Up With Don and Tina,” a TV talk show drawing worldwide viewers. Also, His Way Out Ministries shared and taught about freedom from same-sex attraction in Christ Jesus to the staff and Christian counselors of Grace Baptist Church in Santa Clarita, CA.
• The month of June brought Maria Branford from Trinidad and Tobago with Hospital Christian Fellowship to join us at our office for two weeks. During Maria’s stay with us, we attended the Restored Hope Network Conference in Portland, OR.
• In July, His Way Out Ministries was invited by Kern Christian Church in Lake Isabella, CA to share a message titled “A Christian Response to Homosexuality” which was enthusiastically received.
• August brought a considerable increase of both individuals seeking ministry with unwanted same-sex attraction as well as families and marriages impacted by the same. Thankfully and gratefully, Ginny Mitchell who leads our Wives Group and Craig and Karen Fulwyer who leads our Friends and Family Group were there to offer encouragement and support.
• In September, His Way Out Ministries was scheduled to speak at Pomona First Baptist Church in Pomona, CA. Unfortunately, that was interrupted by my spending a few days in the hospital. However, Senior Pastor, Glen Gunderson, pulled workshop materials from past HWOM visits and the message “Homosexuality and the Reality of Change” was presented with a huge appreciation offered by those in attendance.
• October enabled His Way Out Ministries to once again return to the “Open Up With Don and Tina Show” and continue spreading the Good News about freedom from same-sex attraction in Christ Jesus.
• Group counseling and individual counseling continued throughout the year touching hundreds and hundreds of lives – locally and around the world.
• In November, HWOM facilitated a 3-hour workshop for pastoral lay counselors at River Lakes Community Church in Bakersfield and shared a message titled “Homosexuality: A Crisis of Truth” at Rock Harbor Church in Bakersfield.
Well, that brings us to December 2014. With the holidays in full swing, HWOM is already beginning to schedule numerous events and speaking opportunities for 2015.
I remain grateful to the HWOM Executive Board: Pastor Don and Michelle McLean, George Bertand, who also keeps our books in tiptop shape and helps each month with our Newsletter, and Craig Fulwyler, as well as the HWOM Advisory Council: Pastor Diane Ussery, Pastor Dan Hellyer, Steve and Alonna Wentland, Karen Fulwyler, Ginny Mitchell, Pastor Keith Fultz and Pastor Steven Yeary, for their constant support and encouragement. And…
To each of you who continually bless us by your encouragement, ministry participation, monthly financial support, offerings and prayers, we remain truly grateful!
His Way Out Ministries is proclaiming to, educating and impacting the world with the biblical truth that freedom from homosexuality is possible when Jesus Christ is Lord of your life.
Pastor Phillip Lee
His Way Out Ministries
Member of Restored Hope Network