Learning about homosexuality and understanding God’s perspective on same-gender attraction will go a long way in increasing our effectiveness in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. So, let’s test your knowledge. How confident are you in offering a response to the following to your gay neighbor, a close relative, a member in your church, or the one you’ve yet to meet?
- True or False? The person struggling with same-gender attraction is often confused about the Christian viewpoint?
- True or False? Science has proven that homosexuals are “born that way”?
- The statement “Homosexuality is the worst of all sins” is…a) Scripturally correct, b) shows a lack of understanding the Bible, c) may be true in a practical sense, d) stating it is harder to overcome than many other sins.
- A child raised in church and a Christian family…a) has no chance of becoming homosexual, b) must reject the church in order to practice homosexuality, c) can develop homosexually, d) becomes gay when they reject God.
- After becoming a Christian, the individual will…a) become heterosexual at some point, b) become heterosexual, c) still never be free or same-gender attraction, d) still experience temptation from time to time.
Answers to the CSE Quiz Questions are below. If you struggled in coming to a decision about any of the offered questions, please consider hosting a His Way Out Ministries Educational Workshop at your church. For a detailed list of various workshops, please visit our Educational Workshops page.
CSE Quiz Answers
1. True, 2. False, 3. b) Shows a lack of understanding the Bible, 4. c) Can develop homosexually, 5. d) Still experience temptation from time to time.