A Christ-Like Response to Homosexuality begins Monday evening, June 20, 2016 – 6:00pm at Calvary Chapel – Lone Mountain in Las Vegas, Nevada.Today, most Christians learn more about homosexuality from movies, the Internet and television. Many who struggle with same-sex attraction are torn by the debate while desiring to hear the redemptive truth of the Bible.
When the confession, “I’m gay!” comes from a daughter, son, spouse or close friend, it hits like a bombshell, especially in Christian families. “Where did we go wrong?” will undoubtedly surface.
In this era of gay rights, everyone knows someone who is gay-identified. “How do I share Christ without compromising the truth of Scripture?” is a commonly asked question.
The discipleship class facilitated by Jill Stacey Rodgers, author of Cinderella Dream: A Memoir About a Shattered Life Restored, will also address:
- The vital necessity for an intimate relationship with God.
- The part we play in our healing (how we cooperate with God).
- What are the root causes of same-sex attraction?
- Is there any truth to pro-gay theology?
- Church – an integral part of a new lifestyle.
- What does it mean to live an overcoming life?
- And much more!
Beginning at 7:00pm, Calvary Chapel – Lone Mountain also offers Most Excellent Way using Biblical principles to overcome habits, addictions and compulsive behaviors. The group meets for a time of teaching, discussion, Biblical guidance and prayers.